Travel in Pictures--London

Here are some long awaited photos of my trip so far! Instead of trying to write everything about my trip, I am simply going to post a few pictures from London, Paris and Stuttgart. I have plenty of stories that I will share with you as I go but for now I hope you enjoy these!




These two are from day one in London.. and we are outside of WIMBLEDON! For those of you who are not familiar with this, Wimbledon is one of the biggest tennis tournaments in the world. This year, two players broke the world record for longest game in history and I got to be in London for it (it was almost impossible to get tickets but still cool and if you could they were approximately 41 pounds for the cheapest which is about 83 dollars)





In the first picture you can see down the street where I stayed in a hostel. It was located in Victoria in London walking distance from Buckingham Palace. All of the houses in this area are painted white by order of the Queen, because she likes it. I thought that was pretty funny. Also, the second picture is theeee classic London Soldiers all participating in the changing of the guard in front of Buckingham Palace. It's a long ceremony that takes about 2 hours and closes down the whole street in front of the Palace. The day that I was there, the Queen just happened to be in her Palace! PRETTY SWEET (Because the princes were home too!)

Next are some of the touristy photos to prove that I was actually there! :-)

Me and the BIG BEN! Miss you Benjamin! haha
Also as you can see, the soldiers really liked me! Actually I was on a walking tour of the city and one thing that they had was that you actually can't stand anywhere close to those soldiers anymore (and they have them blocked off except for this one spot) because last year an American tourist was trying to make the solider break by parading around the soldier and said something I guess offensive and the soldier broke code and punched him! Hahaha. I guess that's what we get from Hollywood's influence! And finally me and the Buckingham Palace!














On the last day, I spent the morning in front of the London Eye and the Tower of London, Shakespeare's Globe Theater and the London Bridge (which mind you, is extremely disappointing!). It was great! Here are a few pictures!








As you can see, I did a lot in London in only a few days (2 1/2 total spent walking around). Hope you enjoy these photos though!

Comments

  1. I stayed at the Hotel in that Picture!! next to the London eye ( the county hall marriott) ahh I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Vatican City, I understand you are very religious, but closing the Sistine Chapel on Sunday is bad for tourists!

Karaoke, The Last Supper, and other fun things I am trying to remember

Walking in Bangkok is like One Giant Game of Frogger