Travel in Pictures--Paris!

Paris was by far one of my favorite places on the trip! For now I'm just going to post the pictures and if you have questions about them, leave me a comment and I will tell you! Otherwise, it's just going to be pictures! Buuuut while I was there, I went to the Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triomphe, The Louvres (saw the Mona Lisa, the underground of the Louvres, some really cool Greek statues, a Sphinx (which I looooved), Montemarte, Moulin Rouge, and many other things! Enjoy!




Okay so I lied, I guess I will be somewhat nararating what I did as I am trying to take a break from this overwhelming research paper. The picture above is of the Louvres (but only one side of it). There were tons of gorgeous gardens surrounding it!





These two pictures are of the Siene River which runs through Paris and the other is of a bum who was in the same spot everyday begging with the cutest puppies ever. I totally wanted to take one, but Travis said no.





Me at the World Famous NOTRE DAME!! It was seriously AWESOME. One of my favorite places. I loved the Gargoyles and the church itself. It was pretty crowded but definitely worth seeing. It reminded me of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, yet, the surrounding area of the church looked nothing like it did in the Disney movie!







These two photos are of the area surrounding my other favorite thing in Paris--The EIFFEL TOWER! The one picture is of sunflowers that were put at this world peace type monument in front of the Eiffel Tower. Apparently it is a fairly new exhibit and its also the picture at the top of my blog. The second building is directly opposite the Effiel Tower and was a prestigious military school in Paris.









My favorite of all the Eiffel Tower! Many many many many pictures there at all times of day! We spent a lot of time at and around the Eiffel Tower because it was absolutely amazing! Every night from about 9-12 for the first five minutes of the hour, the tower sparkles! It's so beautiful! I would love to go back there some time in the future! I have many more pictures just ask me for them!

The last place that I will be highlighting was Montemarte and Moulin Rouge. This is a town on top of a hill in Paris and allows you to see the rest of the city. Also a very famous church is at the top of the hill. Moulin Rouge was in Paris' Red Light District, which might I add, was fairly shocking to me!








Two of the guys in the picture are two French men that we met the first night. They were absolutely wonderful people! They showed us some of the city! Brought us to Montemarte, and even invited us to their house for a REAL FRENCH BREAKFAST. Whoever gave the French the stereotype of being snobs, was clearly mistaken! These guys were some of the greatest people I have met!


I also went inside the Lourves, so I guess I should highlight some of the cool parts. The SPHINX, the Mona Lisa, A view of the Glass Pyramid (which is actually not a pyramid its a diamond), annnd dreamy Spartacus (sorry Ben).






























The other thing that was really awesome about Paris, was watching the world cup in front of the Eiffel Tower with thousands of German and England fans! The game was ABSOLUTELY INSANE! Here are some pictures!
























As you can see, these are just some of the pictures I took. I literally took over 1,000 pictures in Paris! I think Paris and Germany have been my favorite places so far! More pictures will be posted soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Vatican City, I understand you are very religious, but closing the Sistine Chapel on Sunday is bad for tourists!

Karaoke, The Last Supper, and other fun things I am trying to remember

Walking in Bangkok is like One Giant Game of Frogger